15 questions about black holes:
The quiz above includes the following questions:
- A region of strong gravity from which nothing escapes is called ...
- How many classes of black holes are there?
- What can escape a black hole?
- Light can't escape a black hole because of the ...
- The boundary of the region from which nothing can escape is called ...
- Where can you expect to find most supermassive black holes?
- How would clocks near a black hole appear to a distant observer?
- The region at the centre of a black hole where the space-time curvature becomes infinite is called the ...
- Once formed, how can a black hole continue to grow?
- How can the presence of a black hole be inferred?
- What is the mass of gas and dust accumulating around a black hole called?
- What do black hole mergers produce?
- In size, an intermediate mass black hole is the radius of the ...
- Black holes have which of the following physical properties?
- Who has been credited with coining the phrase 'black hole' for the first time in print in 1964?