- > The Universe >
- Black Holes, Quiz 1
15 questions about black holes:
The quiz above includes the following questions:
- 1. A region of strong gravity from which nothing escapes is called ...
- 2. How many classes of black holes are there?
- 3. What can escape a black hole?
- 4. Light can't escape a black hole because of the ...
- 5. The boundary of the region from which nothing can escape is called ...
- 6. Where can you expect to find most supermassive black holes?
- 7. How would clocks near a black hole appear to a distant observer?
- 8. The region at the centre of a black hole where the space-time curvature becomes infinite is called the ...
- 9. Once formed, how can a black hole continue to grow?
- 10. How can the presence of a black hole be inferred?
- 11. What is the mass of gas and dust accumulating around a black hole called?
- 12. What do black hole mergers produce?
- 13. In size, an intermediate mass black hole is the radius of the ...
- 14. Black holes have which of the following physical properties?
- 15. Who has been credited with coining the phrase 'black hole' for the first time in print in 1964?