- > The Solar System >
- The Earth in Space, Quiz 1
15 questions on the Earth in space:
The quiz above includes the following questions:
- 1. Regardless of the Earth's location in space, a straight line between the North and South poles always points to which star?
- 2. The atmospheric layer furthest from the Earth's surface is the …
- 3. If we were rising through the Earth's troposphere, by how much would the temperature drop with every 1000 feet?
- 4. How long does it take for the Earth to revolve once around the Sun?
- 5. Considering the Earth as a whole, how much solar radiation is re-radiated compared with the amount absorbed?
- 6. How far is the Earth's moon from the planet's surface (on average)?
- 7. How many times greater is the moons gravitational pull on large bodies of water on Earth compared with that of the Sun?
- 8. How many times a day does the Earth's moon appear to move across the sky?
- 9. How many of the planets in our solar systems could you fit between the earth and the moon?
- 10. How many planets orbit closer to the Sun in our Solar System?
- 11. Travelling away from the Sun, which planet is the Earth's nearest neighbour?
- 12. How far is the Earth from the Sun (on average)?
- 13. How long does it take for light from the Sun to reach the Earth's surface (on average)?
- 14. What is the strength of the moon's gravity, compared to that of the Earth?
- 15. What causes the aurora visible at the near the Earth's poles?