15 questions on the Earth in space:
The quiz above includes the following questions:
- Regardless of the Earth's location in space, a straight line between the North and South poles always points to which star?
- The atmospheric layer furthest from the Earth's surface is the …
- If we were rising through the Earth's troposphere, by how much would the temperature drop with every 1000 feet?
- How long does it take for the Earth to revolve once around the Sun?
- Considering the Earth as a whole, how much solar radiation is re-radiated compared with the amount absorbed?
- How far is the Earth's moon from the planet's surface (on average)?
- How many times greater is the moons gravitational pull on large bodies of water on Earth compared with that of the Sun?
- How many times a day does the Earth's moon appear to move across the sky?
- How many of the planets in our solar systems could you fit between the earth and the moon?
- How many planets orbit closer to the Sun in our Solar System?
- Travelling away from the Sun, which planet is the Earth's nearest neighbour?
- How far is the Earth from the Sun (on average)?
- How long does it take for light from the Sun to reach the Earth's surface (on average)?
- What is the strength of the moon's gravity, compared to that of the Earth?
- What causes the aurora visible at the near the Earth's poles?