- > Observing >
- Telescopes, Quiz 2
15 more (harder) questions about telescopes:
The quiz above includes the following questions:
- 1. What is the range, in degrees, of the declination?
- 2. What is an equatorial mount aligned in parallel with?
- 3. A catadioptric telescope uses ...
- 4. A smaller number on an eyepiece indicates that it gives ...
- 5. What happens to the image when a telescope tracks an object on an alt-azimuth mounting?
- 6. What happens to a beam of light when it is collimated?
- 7. A Newtonian telescope is composed of a concave primary mirror and ...
- 8. What is the ‘right ascension’?
- 9. ‘Go To’ mounts can be useful because they ...
- 10. What is the aperture?
- 11. What were solar telescope previously called?
- 12. How is the magnification of an eyepiece calculated?
- 13. Why would you use a polarizing filter?
- 14. The word ‘telescope’ comes from the ancient Greek, and means ...
- 15. In which country was the first patent submitted for a telescope?