15 more (harder) questions on the Space Shuttle:
The quiz above includes the following questions:
- The Space Shuttle program was retired on the last flight of Atlantis in ...
- Each shuttle had a projected operational lifespan of ...
- When was the first operational flight of the Space Shuttle?
- When did Discover launch the Hubble Telescope?
- Which orbiter was used to repair Hubble’s mirror?
- Originally four operational orbital vehicles were built. A fifth one was built after Columbia broke apart on re-entry. What is the name of the fifth orbiter?
- The Space Shuttle was built to be a partially ...
- The Shuttle Carrier Aircraft was a specially modified ...
- What was the weight of an unloaded orbiter?
- What was the maximum payload (carrying) capacity of the orbiters?
- The orbital vehicles were built for low Earth orbits. What was their maximum operational altitude?
- How much fuel could the external tank hold?
- A second disaster saw the orbiter Columbia disintegrate during re-entry, killing all seven crew members. When did it happen?
- The Shuttles didn’t fly at a certain time of the year because they had a software system that couldn’t handle a ...
- The orbiter Discovery flew the most missions. How many of the 135 total missions of the Space Shuttle program did it fly?